Construction Technical Assistance
For Planning Assistance and Engineering Assistance Grants: school districts, tribes, cities, counties, transit districts, and other road authorities may apply.
For Surface Treatment Grant: tribes, cities, counties, transit districts, and other road authorities may apply. School districts are not eligible.
This year’s Construction Technical Assistance cycle includes expanded offerings. As in previous cycles, communities can apply for Planning Assistance (previously known as the Project Identification Program, or PIP). Those who have already gone through that process and completed SRTS Plans—or the equivalent—can now apply for additional technical assistance through the Engineering Assistance or Surface Treatments programs.
- Planning Assistance Grant
- Engineering Assistance Grant
- Surface Treatments Grant
- Apply February 12th-March 25th
- Step 1: read the guidelines and watch the informational webinar (Correction to the webinar: low-income metric will be using Title1A data and not Free & Reduced Lunch data. Current Free & Reduced Lunch Percentages still include Free & Reduced Lunch for All percentages and do not accurately reflect income levels. ODOT staff have updated the Applicant Resource Tool with this low-income information.).
- Step 2: review the scoring matrices and fill out online application (see above for respective grant)
- Application signatures
- School & road authority letter of support templates (please select the appropriate template for the program you are applying to)
- Sign up to receive grant program updates
- Key design manuals
- FHWA bicycle and pedestrian guide
- Small town and rural multi-modal design guide
- ODOT bicycle and pedestrian guide
- ODOT pedestrian and bike program
- ODOT blueprint for urban design
- AASHTO bicycle and pedestrian guides (for purchase)
- NACTO urban bikeway design
- Pedestrian safety guide and countermeasure selection system and tool
- View the applicant map tool with school demographics (This data is pulled from specific ODE sources and not exhaustive of all Oregon schools. Please refer to your school district for any demographics missing on this map.)
- Past funded projects map
- SRTS advisory committee meetings
- Regional support contacts (on right side of page)