Walk + Roll Events
Beginning in 1997, Walk+Roll events have been hosted by schools around the world to encourage and celebrate students walking and rolling to school. The main two events are Walk+Roll to School Day in October and the Walk+Roll May Challenge with newer events being added to encourage students to walk and roll all year long.
Through annual surveys, local Walk+Roll coordinators across the country have expressed how a simple one-day event has led to great changes such as long-term walking and bicycling programs, new sidewalks and pathways, and needed policy changes at schools and in communities. Improvements that normally take a long time to institute can happen quickly when city officials walk or bicycle to school with students and see firsthand what needs to be done.
To learn more about each event and order free incentives please visit:
- The Walk+Roll Spring Challenge encourages kids and families to walk, bike, and roll to school and to stay active and healthy. Click to learn more about the resources for schools and families.
- Walk+Roll to School Day is a global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and rolling to school on the same day. This free, international event begins in October each year and is designed to encourage kids to get to and from school by walking, biking and rolling.
- Ruby Bridges Walk to School Day is the perfect opportunity to teach children about the civil rights movement and make connections to today’s collective efforts for change. RBWTSD gives children the opportunity to celebrate Ruby’s courage by walking to school. This year, RBWTSD will be held on Wednesday, November 17, 2021.
- Winter Walk to School Day encourages kids to walk+roll to school all year round! Celebrate on February 23rd, 2022 or all winter long.
- Earth Month is a celebration of the planet we live on. Host walk+roll events, and encourage students to learn more about how they can be kind to the Earth.