Connect with Local Hub Leaders and Coordinators
ODOT SRTS offers technical assistance and support for local SRTS activities through our SRTS Education Hubs. Offerings include:
- Monthly practitioner webinar trainings on SRTS topics
- Monthly online meetings to share information and discuss challenges
- Monthly themes and activities to get families excited about walking+rolling – with free incentives and outreach materials
- Art contest, transportation safety campaigns, and much more!
Connect with your Regional Hub lead here.
Most successful SRTS programs have a local coordinator – someone who is dedicated to the local SRTS program, has the time to devote to promoting walking and rolling to school, and is skilled at community coordination.
While coordinator roles are unique to each region, depending on the communities, number of schools involved and additional resources available, examples of coordinator responsibilities include:
- Coordinates district-wide SRTS programming, resources, and communication
- Facilitates formation of school team to identify and prioritize for walk/bike routes and engineering/enforcement recommendations
- Create, promote and/or provide district-wide education and encouragement programs and resources for school(s)
No SRTS coordinator in your area? Connect with your Regional SRTS Hub lead.