The Oregon Safe Routes to School Annual Meeting series will provide opportunities for Network members to collaborate on 2020-2021 school year plans and network with statewide practitioners.
Link for the full Oregon SRTS Annual Meeting Series here.
Part 1: Networking and The New E: Engagement – Presentation from The Safe Routes Partnership
July 29, 2020 – 11:00am – 12:00pm
- Overview of SRTS Network and Leadership Committee goals
- The New E: Engagement – Presentation from the Safe Routes Partnership
Resources on removing Enforcement/adding Engagement:
- Safe Routes Partnership – Dropping the Enforcement (A Message from Cass Isidro)
- At the Intersection of Active Transportation & Equity
- Transportation Equity in the Face of policing
- Protecting Black Lives in Parks & Public Spaces
- Solidarity with Police-Free Schools in Salem-Kaiser, Oregon
- Resources for SRTS Practitioners: Back to School Working Group
Part 2: Planning for 2020-2021 School Year
August 5, 2020 – 11:00am – 12:00pm
- Discussion of SRTS ideas, tools and resources for upcoming school year
Below are the resources and links from the presentation.
- Governor’s Guidelines: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/
DISEASESCONDITIONS/DISEASESAZ/ Emerging%20Respitory% 20Infections/Ready-Schools- Safe-Learners-Community-COVID- 19-Metrics.pdf
- National Back to School 2020 Recommendations + COVID resources: https://www.
- Metro Back to School transportation survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Commute Options Back to School Menu: https://www.commuteoptions.
- Commute Options Walk & Roll E-Toolkit: https://www.oregonsaferoutes.
Part 3: Regional Plans for 2020-2021 School Year
August 19, 2020 – 11am – 12pm
- Regional Leads present SRTS plans for their schools in Oregon
- Opportunity for Questions and Feedback
Below are resources and links from the presentation.
Walk & Roll: https://www.thestreettrust.org/initiatives/walkroll
ORSRTS Physical Distancing Resources: https://www.oregonsaferoutes.org/resources/
Documents with notes from today’s meeting:
PBOT Traffic Playgrounds website: https://www.portland.gov/transportation/safe-routes-school/traffic-playgrounds-playspaces
- Contact Lale Santelices at PBOT if you have specific questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Metro Safe Routes Back to School Toolkit (includes Temporary Traffic Playground info): https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/e2z6ZvP2pErbQDqTQWYRP1M8
Metro Traffic Playground Toolkit (very in-depth, more focused on permanent traffic playgrounds): https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/m9HABGbspCu9WRWMfxDKMSMp
- Contact Noel Mickelberry at Metro with any questions related to these toolkits: email@example.com