Oregon Safe Routes to School 2019 Training
June 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$15
The training will cover the elements of Safe Routes to School (Engineering Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, Evaluation, and Equity) with a special focus on Education and Encouragement. By the end of the Safe Routes to School training, participants will:
- Have an overview understanding of statewide Safe Routes to School in Oregon.
- Understand the elements of Safe Routes to School (Engineering Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, Evaluation, and Equity)
- Be introduced to the Safe Routes to School Curriculum focusing on both the in-class and on-street lessons.
- Understand evaluation techniques including Parent Surveys and Teacher Tallies.
- Learn and demonstrate bicycle safety expertise, navigating safely and legally with traffic.
- Understand the function of a school or district Action Plan and begin planning for next steps within the schools.
- Have the knowledge to successfully organize and lead Bike Trains and Walking School Buses.
- Understand the importance of relationships with local police department and outreach opportunities.
- Have considered challenges and solutions to implementing elements of Safe Routes to School, with particular emphasis on Education and Encouragement activities.