Prepare before going outside for a winter walk
Winter weather means colder temperatures and slick and/or icy roads. Stay comfortable and prepared for winter conditions by following these helpful tips.
- Wearing reflective gear to be visible
- Dressing in layers
- Grabbing a beanie, scarf, and gloves before heading out (the weather may change)
- Staying dry by dressing based on the weather and carrying an umbrella when rain is in the forecast
- Remembering the ground may be slick, so wear appropriate shoes
- You may need to walk slower, so please be prepared to do so and plan your route accordingly
- Bring a water bottle on your walk, no matter the temperature, it is important to stay hydrated
- Always plan ahead
- Don’t forget to remind your family and friends to dress for the weather before heading outside for a walk
Here are some extra tips when walking on snow or ice.