Today I went outside and saw:
This spring we’re encouraging students to ‘walk and roll’ outside for transportation and exercise! Using their real-life neighborhood, or just their big imaginations, we’re asking students to draw what they see when they walk or roll!
Drawings can be anything that walks or rolls. Be sure to keep safety in mind and include helmets for those rolling and crosswalks for those walking.
We will be selecting winners from the following grade groupings:
- K – 2
- 3 – 5
- 6 – 8
Art will be judged based on the inclusion of safety features and creativity. Remember that drawings can include anything from students’ imaginations or experiences, so wackiness and fantasy are allowed and encouraged! We just ask that walking and/or rolling be prominently featured in the drawing.
- Theme is what I saw (or wish I saw!) while walking and rolling
- Entries due by June 15, 2021
- Open to students in Oregon from grades K – 8
- Art can be hand drawn or computer drawn and must be scanned or photographed
- Make sure your art reflects safety laws, like wearing helmets and using crosswalks.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your student’s first name, grade, school, and city by June 15, 2021 to qualify.
- All winners will be mailed a Walk+Roll goodie bag and have digital backgrounds created using their art. Top winners from each age group will have their art used in future Oregon Department of Transportation ad campaigns like on buses and billboards!
- Art becomes property of the Oregon Department of Transportation