SRTS Education Training in Salem on June 26, 2018
Instructor training will take place on Tuesday June 26 at ODOT, 355 Capitol Street NE. This will include instruction on bicycle and pedestrian safety skills, curriculum and other education and encouragement program opportunities.
Description: The training will cover the 6 E’s of Safe Routes to School (Engineering Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, Evaluation, and Equity) with a special focus on Education and Encouragement. By the end of the Safe Routes to School training, participants will:
- Be introduced to the Safe Routes for Kids/Neighborhood Navigators Curriculum focusing on both the in-class and on-street lessons.
- Understand evaluation techniques including Parent Surveys and Teacher Tallies.
- Learn and demonstrate bicycle safety expertise, navigating safely and legally with traffic.
- Have an overview understanding of statewide Safe Routes to School in Oregon.
- Understand the function of an school or district Action Plan and begin planning for next steps within the schools.
- Understand the six E’s of Safe Routes to School (Engineering Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, Evaluation, and Equity)
- Have the knowledge to successfully organize and lead Bike Trains and Walking School Buses.
- Understand the importance of relationships with local police department and outreach opportunities.
- Have considered challenges and solutions to implementing the five E’s of Safe Routes to School, with particular emphasis on Education and Encouragement activities.
ODOT is offering trip/travel scholarships of $200 per person. Fill out this google form to apply.
Cost is $15.00 Register here!
Look for a carpool match on Drive Less Connect.
Log in to your account, click RIDEMATCH and VIEW EVENTS to add your trip request.