Walk+Roll May Challenge 2022 Art Contest: I walk and roll because
This spring we’re encouraging students to ‘walk and roll’ outside for transportation and exercise! We’re asking students to draw why they walk and roll.
Using their imaginations, drawings can include any reason that students that walk or roll, why the like it, and why the encourage other students to walk and roll. Be sure to keep safety in mind and include helmets for those rolling and crosswalks for those walking.
We will be selecting winners from the following grade groupings:
- K – 2
- 3 – 5
- 6 – 8
Art will be judged based on the inclusion of safety features and creativity. Remember that drawings can include anything from students’ imaginations or experiences, so wackiness and fantasy are allowed and encouraged! We just ask that walking and/or rolling be prominently featured in the drawing.
- Theme is why I walk+roll to school
- Entries due by June 15, 2022
- Open to students in Oregon from grades K – 8
- Art can be hand drawn or computer drawn and must be scanned or photographed
- Make sure your art reflects safety laws, like wearing helmets and using crosswalks.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your student’s first name, grade, school, and city by June 15, 2022 to qualify.
- All winners will be mailed a Walk+Roll goodie bag and have digital backgrounds created using their art.
- Art becomes property of the Oregon Department of Transportation